The MTS Composites Course will be held at Ycom Srl in Parma. The seminar, with a strong practical orientation, is an in-depth study of composite materials, a specialization particularly in demand in the field of Motorsport.
The course will be held in Parma at the headquarters of Ycom srl, a leading company in Italy in the construction of vehicles in composite materials for the world of competitions.
The course will take place on 4 days of the week which will be decided based on the availability of the host company.
Maximum 6 students
The course provides a maximum number of students to guarantee high quality.
Topics covered during the composite course will be the following:
- Introduction to composite materials, Fibers, Resins, Prepregs, Grammage, Type of fiber, K, Type of texture, Type of resin, Percentage of resin.
- Lay up, monolithic structures, sandwich structures.
- Fillers, definition of the main types of existing cores and use.
- Production technologies: Hand Lay-up, Resin transfer molding (RTM), Filament winding & Braiding, Pultrusion, Vacuum infusion.
- Quality control, ultrasound, thermography, optical checks.
- Principles of repairability of carbon products, with particular focus on track repairs.
- Bondings, joints, inserts.
- Reading a technical drawing and a ply book.
- Analysis of the complete process from the design to the realization of a carbon component: drawing, ply book, CAD ply book, leather cutting, lamination, autoclave cooking, extraction, trimming, finishing, final quality control.
Contact us to know in detail the content of the Composites Course.
Make an appointment with one of our technicians to find out the contents of the course.
TAKE PART IN THE NEXT EDITION
The price of the Composites course is 1,600 euros + VAT, including teaching, teaching materials, school activities, workshop apron, gloves and PPE, access to Ycom and to the reserved area of the school and insurance.
Registration is open, and the course will start when the minimum number of participants is reached.