7MOTORSPORT TECHNICAL SCHOOL PRESENTS A NEW 40 HOURS COURSE ABOUT COMPOSITE MATERIALS AND HOW TO REPAIR THEM
Motorsport Technical School, the first Italian school for motorsport professionals, introduces an in-depth course on composite materials, a very important skill in the motorsport industry.
The course will take place at HP Composites srl, from July 11th to July 15th 2016.
Max. 6 students.
The course will be particularly focused on the manufacturing and repairing of composite materials in motorsport, especially during a race.
– Different types of material (carbon fibre, kevlar, honeycomb, etc), physical and chemical properties of resines and their use in the motorsport industry
– Impregnation techniques
– Pre-peg, closed/opened stamp manufacturing
– Use of foams and their importance
– Reusable parts during tests/races (extractors, front and rear spoilers, platform, etc.)
– Manufacturing phases (stamp, crop, millwork, finishing, etc.)
– Use of different type of resins (Practical)
– Measuring and how to do it
– Body damage analysis
– Assembly procedures
– Design: the basics
– Diagnosis procedures – visual diagnosis – use of ultrasound: practical tests
– Repair of basic parts: pit simulation
– Final test: starting from the design, cut out the fabric and, following all procedures, shape it in a small carbon fibre item.
The seminar will be hosted by Ecodime Italia and HP Composites, leading company in the composite materials industry.
The course will be hosted in collaboration with HP Composites leading company in the racing materials industry.
For more info and to enroll: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the form: here.